First, let me preface this with a disclaimer that I am NOT a food blogger, though I might be secretly working on a little project in that arena. But if you follow me on Instagram, you might know I have a new found (or maybe re-found) love for baking. I have a new kitchen island that Mr. Hackett built with his own hands and its makes my kitchen so functional and pretty. I just want to spend all the daylight hours in the kitchen baking delicious treats!! My friends and family don’t seem to mind much either. 🙂
All that to say, yesterday I made a batch of cookies and posted this iPhone picture on Instagram and the post blew up with all sorts of comments asking for my recipe. So I decided to post it here rather than IG, that way you can all come back to it whenever you want. Or better yet you can pin it and keep it handy in your baking board!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 11 minutes | Yields 6 GIANT cookies!
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temp
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/8 cups gluten free baking mix ( I love the King Arthur brand)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
a pinch of course sea salt
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
3. Add gluten free baking mix and mix again. The dough will be pretty thick.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt.
5. On a greased baking sheet, scoop out heaping mounds of dough leaving plenty of space between them. (The recipe could likely make two dozen cookies, but we like to monster cookies so our recipe only makes 6)
6. Sprinkle a few flakes of course sea salt on the top of each cookie — This is the best part!
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The center should still be pretty soft but the outsides and bottoms will perfectly golden!
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. (OR you could transfer them straight to your plate and eat them while they are all gooey and warm in the middle, because thats really what we do!)
Okay, thats it! Like I said, I’m not a food blogger so if I missed any details or steps, just leave me a comment and I’ll fix it! In the mean time happy baking!
ps. If you bake these monster cookies, I want to see pictures! Tag me on instagram @candicehackett and tell me how they turned out!